Walter J Baird Middle announces our sixth annual True Blue Day! This is a fun and exciting way to raise funds for the 2014-2015 school year. Rather than selling products we are engaging our students in a fun day full of activities while teaching them about giving at the same time.
Please consider joining our cause by making a monetary donation. 100% of the money you give will stay at Walter J. Baird to be used for the benefit of our students.
Thursday, September 17th will be the first turn in date.
Check out our flyer for more info:
True Blue Flyer 2014-2015
Show BDP by dressing up for school spirit this week:
Monday – Color Splash
Tuesday – Blue & White Day
Homecoming is Tuesday night:
8th Grade Recognition begins at 6pm
Game vs Southside at 6:30pm
Homecoming Queen and Court announced at Halftime
Student Government Association elections are this week.
- Campaigning begins Tuesday through Wednesday.
- We will have elections Thursday morning.
- SGA results will be announced Thursday
- First meeting will be next Tuesday September 16.
T-Rac, mascot of NFL’s Tennessee Titans, visited some of our classes today.
Parents will have the opportunity to meet with their child’s teachers on a one-to-one basis to discuss progress and/or concerns.
Conferences will take place between 12 noon and 6pm on Thursday, September 11th.
Homecoming activities will take place on Tuesday, September 16th.
- Prior to Game: 6pm – 8th Grade Recognition Night for parents and students in fall sports: Cheerleading, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Girl’s Soccer, and Volleyball.
- Game time: 6:30pm vs Southside
- Halftime: Homecoming Queen and attendants presented
- Location: WJB Football Field
VIP = Very Important Practice
Missing Assignments = Missing Practice
Parents should receive a text message and an email for all missing practices.
Help WJB students get all of their practices complete.
Monday night, August 11th at 6pm. We will rotate through classes so you will have the opportunity to meet with all of your child’s teachers.
This week is Chrome Book orientation week. We will see you on Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday evening.
Remember, at least 1 parent and the student must attend the time you signed up for. Please park in the back and come in down by the gym.
See you this week!